Juventus are said to have ‘no interest’ in a move for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to replace Cristiano Ronaldo, following the Portugal international’s return to Manchester United.
On a frantic Friday of transfer news, the 36-year-old secured his long-awaited Old Trafford homecoming, despite having seemingly come close to making what would have been a controversial switch to rivals Manchester City.
With the destination now confirmed, it brings to an end the forward’s three-year spell in Turin, in which he helped the club to two Serie A titles and netted a staggering tally of 101 goals in just 134 games in all competitions.
While he did still have a year left to run on the initial four-year contract he signed back in 2018 following his move from Real Madrid, the veteran striker appeared to agitate for a move to cut his time in Italy short, ending his stint with the club without securing a coveted Champions League title.
His high profile exit so close to the deadline has sparked rumours of a late replacement signing for Massimiliano Allegri’s side, although one man who is unlikely to be ushered in the door is Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, with Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano insisting the club have ‘no interest’ in the Gabon international.
Juventus have no interest in Pierre Aubameyang – no contact or talks as of now. Negotiation ongoing with Everton for Moise Kean as priority if conditions will be agreed in the next hours. ⚪️⚫️ #Juventus #AFC
Kean would be happy to come back to Juventus. #EFC
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 27, 2021
The 32-year-old has been linked with a departure from the Emirates Stadium after enduring a difficult last year or so, yet it would appear he is not destined to join the Serie A giants, while Gunners boss Mikel Arteta has also recently ruled out an exit for his skipper.
With Aubameyang not an option, Juventus’ ‘priority’ is said to be that of Everton striker Moise Kean, the Italy international having begun his career with the club, before making the switch to Goodison Park in 2019.
In truth, it’s been a difficult time since for the 21-year-old in England, having netted just two league goals, albeit while impressing on-loan last term for Paris Saint-Germain after scoring 17 goals in all competitions.
The player is said to be ‘happy’ to return to Italy before the window closes, although it remains to be seen if the Toffees will be inclined to sell.
Everton have sounded out Celtic about a deal for French forward Odsonne Edouard
— Kaveh Solhekol (@SkyKaveh) August 27, 2021
One factor which may lead to a sale is if Rafa Benitez’s side can secure a suitable replacement, amid reports linking the club to Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard.
The 23-year-old Frenchman has netted 88 goals since joining the Scottish side, initially on-loan, in 2017, although has seemingly been itching for a move in recent times with his contract set to expire at the end of the season.