Erik ten Hag has insisted that Cristiano Ronaldo is not for sale and says the forward has not told him he wants to leave Manchester United.
Ronaldo’s future has dominated the headlines over the past week with the 37-year-old reportedly unsettled at the club and keen to leave Old Trafford should a suitable offer arrive.
Ronaldo has been linked with several leading sides following a disappointing campaign for the Red Devils last season, with the five-time Ballon d’Or winner wanting to compete for major trophies and in the Champions League during the final stages of his career.
Sky Sports last week reported that United were willing to consider offers for the Portugal captain, but Ten Hag has publicly dismissed that Ronaldo could be sold.
The United boss has insisted Ronaldo – who has not rejoined the squad for pre-season due to family reasons – remains a part of his plans and says the forward has not expressed a desire to leave.
“He is not with us, and it is due to personal reasons. We are planning with Ronaldo for this season – that’s it. I’m looking forward to working with him,” Ten Hag said ahead of United’s pre-season friendly with Liverpool in Bangkok on Tuesday, as per manutd.com.
Pressed on whether Ronaldo had requested to leave, Ten Hag said: “He hasn’t told me this. I have read, but as I say, Cristiano is not for sale, he’s in our plans and we want to get success together.
“I spoke with him before this issue came up. I had a conversation with him and had a real good talk.”
Read – Ranking the five favourites to sign Cristiano Ronaldo
Read Also – Ten Hag confirms Maguire will remain Manchester United captain
Subscribe to our social channels:
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube