Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michel Zorc has said that Jadon Sancho will not be leaving the Bundesliga giants any time soon despite interest from the Premier League.
Manchester United are known to be long-term admirers of the former Man City winger, though reports in recent days have also credited Chelsea with having an interest, while Liverpool have also been linked.
The Daily Mail have today claimed that the Stamford Bridge outfit will make a £100 million move for the England international in the summer, while there have been suggestions that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could make a big-money move as early as January, the Red Devils looking to capitalise on supposed unrest between the player and the Bundesliga club.
The 19-year-old was recently left out of Dortmund’s matchday squad for returning late from international duty, while he was also humiliatingly substituted after just 36 minutes of Die Klassiker against Bayern Munich earlier this season.
However, BVB sporting director Michel Zorc has told reporters in Germany that there is no ‘scenario’ that the winger will leave the Westfalenstadion in next months window.
“We’re continuing to plan with him,” said Zorc. “He’s a fundamental player for us and I do not see any scenario where he leaves us.
“We have already had some situations with him to talk about, and there have been a lot of interviews in the last few weeks.
“We are in a good way; when he came off the bench in Barcelona and also in Berlin, he gave us a top performance.”
Sancho has five goals and two assists in his last four appearances, Dortmund having moved back up to third in the league following the 5-0 win over Fortuna Dusseldorf on Saturday.
Klopp names ‘one issue’ for Liverpool in potential Jadon Sancho pursuit
See also – Five players you’ll be sick of hearing about by the end of January