zaha
in

Hodgson hints that Palace will rebuff any late Zaha bids

Roy Hodgson has hinted that Crystal Palace will rebuff any late bids for Wilfried Zaha before the transfer window closes next week.

Zaha’s future has been a continued source of speculation in recent transfer windows and the forward was expected to move on this summer to fulfil his ambitions of playing European football, but with just days remaining until the transfer deadline there have been no suitable offers.

Arsenal, Everton and Borussia Dortmund have been linked with a player who has enjoyed a fine start to the season in a new central role for the Eagles, Zaha scoring three times in three Premier League appearances including a match-winning brace at Manchester United.

The 27-year-old remains a talismanic figure for Crystal Palace and whilst the club have previously been open to allowing Zaha to leave for a side in continental competition, Hodgson suggested any interested parties have left it too late in this transfer window.

“Well I have been told and I think Wilf has had it made clear to him that we are not interested in late bids,” Hodgson told a pre-match press conference today.

“If it was going to happen, it would need to happen in a time frame which would give us a chance to see what we would want to do with the money.

“So close to the end of the transfer window, I would certainly hope it will not happen now and I want to continue working with him.”

Palace will be hoping to build on their positive start to the Premier League season when they travel to face London rivals Chelsea in Saturday’s early kick-off.

Read – Six Premier League players who could still move before the transfer deadline

Read Also – Fantasy Premier League: Three essential FPL tips ahead of Gameweek 4

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments