Monday, May 20, 2024
HomePremier LeagueBrighton 'immediately' reject improved Chelsea bid for Caicedo

Brighton ‘immediately’ reject improved Chelsea bid for Caicedo

Chelsea have seen an improved bid for Moises Caicedo ‘immediately’ rejected by Brighton.

The Blues have been linked with the Brighton midfielder for a number of months as they look to strengthen in the middle of the park following a summer exodus.

 

N’Golo Kante, Kai Havertz, Mason Mount and Mateo Kovacic have all been allowed to leave Chelsea this summer, with Enzo Fernandez and Conor Gallagher – who is also attracting transfer interest – currently the only senior midfielders at the club.

Chelsea have already seen a bid of £70 million rejected by Brighton for Moises Caicedo, who has expressed his interest in a move to the west London club.

Sky Sports reported on Wednesday that Chelsea were considering their options regarding their next move for the Ecuadorean, and it has now been reported that the Stamford Bridge outfit have upped their offer.

According to Fabrizio Romano, Chelsea submitted an improved offer of £80 million for the 21-year-old midfielder within the last 24 hours, though that offer was ‘immediately rejected by Brighton’.

Brighton are said to value Caicedo in the same bracket as Declan Rice who completed a £105m move from West Ham to Arsenal earlier this summer.

Romano says that negotiations between the two clubs are ongoing, though there is ‘no agreement at this stage’.

Read – Player Analysis: Why Rasmus Højlund is a perfect signing for Manchester United

Read Also – Fantasy Premier League: 60 FPL team names for 2023/24

Subscribe to our social channels:

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

RELATED ARTICLES
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Most Popular

Related Posts