Thursday, May 23, 2024
HomePremier LeagueChelsea 'comfortable' over Caicedo pursuit and 'deciding on their next step'

Chelsea ‘comfortable’ over Caicedo pursuit and ‘deciding on their next step’

Chelsea are said to be ‘deciding on their next step’ regarding their pursuit of Moises Caicedo this summer.

The Blues have been linked with the Brighton midfielder for a number of months as they look to strengthen in the middle of the park following a summer exodus.

 

N’Golo Kante, Kai Havertz, Mason Mount and Mateo Kovacic have all been allowed to leave Chelsea this summer, with Enzo Fernandez and Conor Gallagher – who is also attracting interest – currently the only senior midfielders at the club.

Chelsea have already seen a bid of £70 million rejected by Brighton for Moises Caicedo, who has expressed his interest in a move to the west London club.

According to Sky Sports reporter Dharmesh Sheth, Chelsea are now weighing up their options regarding their pursuit of the Ecuadorean.

“It’s obvious they are after midfielders – they released so many players, but midfielders in particular during this transfer window,” he said on Sky Sports. “They are now deciding on their next step with regard to the Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo.

“We are told they are comfortable with their approach so far, and with their valuation of the player.

“Remember, they have bid £70 million, which they thought was a reasonably good deal. Brighton completely rejected that out of hand. They are valuing Moises Caicedo in the same bracket that West Ham United valued Declan Rice, so we are looking at around £100 million.

“I think Chelsea are getting encouragement that Moises Caicedo does want to go to Stamford Bridge, he does want to make that move. We go back to January, Chelsea were interested and he made it clear that he wanted to go to Arsenal, [he] released it on social media post after Brighton had rejected two bids from Arsenal during that window.

“But, Chelsea will remain patient with this one. We are still relatively early during this transfer window. I know, ideally, they want all of their business done before the season starts, but it’s [open] until September 1st so they have got a bit of time to do their deals.

“They will continue to be disciplined, I am told with any kind of potential deals. However, they have got other options if the Caicedo deal doesn’t work.”

Read – Fantasy Premier League: Five players to target for Gameweek One

Read Also – Fantasy Premier League: 60 FPL team names for 2023/24

Subscribe to our social channels:

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

RELATED ARTICLES
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Most Popular

Related Posts