Maurizio Sarri has refused to comment on reports that Gonzalo Higuain is close to completing a move to Chelsea.
Reports broke on Thursday evening that Chelsea had agreed a deal with Juventus to sign the Argentinian on loan for the rest of the season, with an agreement to potentially keep the striker at the club next season.
The striker has spent the first half of the season on loan at AC Milan following Juventus’ capture of Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer, although he has struggled to settle at the San Siro, scoring just eight goals for the Rossoneri.
Higuain has worked with Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri previously, scoring 36 goals in 35 Serie A appearances in 2015/16 for Napoli, but speaking about the strong speculation about a re-union, Sarri has said he is unable to shed any light on a move for the 31-year-old striker.
“I don’t know anything about the market. I want to be clear, because I cannot help you,” Sarri said in his pre-match press conference ahead of this weekends game against Arsenal.
The imminent arrival of Higuain is likely to signal the departure of Alvaro Morata, who is claimed to be in advanced negotiations over a move to Atletico Madrid.
Higuain is reported to be flying to London today to complete the deal.