Everyone seems to love a stat these days, and here at The Football Faithful, we do too, so after watching all of this weekend’s action, we have pulled out 10 of the best stats that are linked to this weekend’s Premier League games.
- Alexis Sanchez has now gone 831 minutes without scoring in the Premier League, a run dating back to March.
- Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Southampton is the first time they have ever won their opening seven games in a season (6 Premier League and 1 Champions League)
- Chelsea’s Jorginho made 191 touches in their game against West Ham, a new Premier League record
- Fred became the 500th player to ever score a goal for Manchester United.
- Arsenal v Everton is now the highest scoring Premier League fixture of all time (153)
- Sergio Aguero made his 300th appearance for Manchester City against Cardiff, and scored his 205th goal.
- Arsenal haven’t lost at home to Everton since January 1996.
- Erik Lamela has scored four goals in his last four league appearances for Spurs, as many as he had in his previous 58 combined.
- Leicester’s James Maddison has either scored or assisted a goal in four out of his five Premier League appearances so far this season.
- Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in 41 goals in 31 games in all competitions for Liverpool at Anfield – 30 goals, 11 assists