What a weekend of Premier League football we have seen. With Man Utd losing yet again, Liverpool coming back to salvage a draw and Arsenal and City maninating their winning runs, there have been plenty of talking points.
Everyone seems to be totally obsessed by stats these days, and regular visitors to The Football Faithful will know that we are too, so once again, we have picked out 10 of the best stats from the weekend’s action:
- Arsenal have won seven games on the trot for the first time since October 2016.
- Manchester United‘s defeat to West Ham on Saturday means that it is the worst start to a season in the Premier League era for the Red Devils. They have lost three and drawn one of their seven games of the season.
- Daniel Sturridge’s goal against Chelsea means he is only the seventh player to score 50+ goals for Liverpool in the Premier League era.
- Eden Hazard’s six Premier League goals this season have come from just eight shots on target.
- Sergio Aguero has been directly involved in 18 goals in his last 11 Premier League games (15 goals, 3 assists).
- Meanwhile, Raheem Sterling has been directly involved in 34 Premier League goals since the start of last season (22 goals, 12 assists) – only behind Mo Salah and Harry Kane.
- This is just the third time in Premier League history that as many as three teams have failed to record a win in their opening seven games of a campaign. Huddersfield, Cardiff and Newcastle are still without a win to date.
- Gylfi Sigurdson has scored 18 goals from outside the box since 2011/12, second only to Philippe Coutinho.