We are almost halfway through the 2018/19 Premier League season and are fast approaching the fabulous feast of festive fixtures that English football is famous for.
Its been a wonderful week of Premier League footy, with Liverpool beating United, City getting back to winning ways and Arsenal’s long unbeaten run finally coming to an end. Here are a selection of 10 of the best stats from this weekend’s action.
- Manchester City have scored 36 goals in their last 10 Premier League games at the Etihad.
- No Crystal Palace player has scored more goals for the Eagles than Luka Milivojevic since he made his debut in February 2017.
- Huddersfield have failed to score in 29 Premier League games since their promotion in 2017, eight more than any other side.
- The 1-0 win over Burnley was Mauricio Pochettino’s 100th victory in the Premier League. He achieved it after just 169 games.
- Watford‘s 3-2 win over Cardiff ended a run of six without a victory.
- West Ham‘s Robert Snodgrass has been directly involved in five goals in his last four Premier League games (two goals, three assists).
- Chelsea have scored 37 goals in the Premier League this season, their most at this stage of a campaign since 2014/15 when they won the title (38).
- Arsenal‘s 3-2 defeat to Southampton on Sunday was their first defeat in 22 games in all competitions, a run dating back to August.
- Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson has made two errors which has lead to goals in the Premier League this season. That’s the same amount as Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius combined in 2017/18.
- The 29 goals that Manchester United have conceded this season is already one more than in their entire 2017/18 Premier League campaign.