Newcastle player Miguel Almiron
Newcastle player Miguel Almiron
in ,

Premier League Transfer Rumour Mill: Saudi clubs return for more deals

Here are all of the latest transfer rumours from around the Premier League this Tuesday, 23 January. 

Despite being backed by Saudi oil money, Newcastle United have been linked with selling their current players more so than bringing new ones in. The club are evidently being very mindful of keeping on the right side of the Profit and Sustainability Rules in light of recent charges against Everton and Nottingham Forest.

Miguel Almiron is the latest name linked with an exit as the Guardian claim Saudi Pro League club Al-Shabab are interested in the Paraguayan. A Magpies player off to Saudi Arabia to ease their Financial Fair Play worries? Who could have possibly foreseen such a thing…

It will come as some relief to Newcastle fans that several outlets are reporting the club has no intention of selling Kieran Trippier to Bayern Munich, although Sky Germany claim they are demanding a £12 million transfer fee for the right-back. On top of that, Callum Wilson is not a target for AC Milan says Fabrizio Romano, despite reports claiming otherwise on Monday.

As for one of their previous targets, Kalvin Phillips is “getting closer and closer” to joining West Ham United on loan. Romano reports that “negotiations are advancing” with Manchester City, who priced Newcastle and Barcelona out of a move with their demands for a large loan fee. Crystal Palace, Juventus and PSg have also been linked with the England midfielder.

The Hammers are among the busiest Premier League clubs this window, with Sky Sports News claiming they are “exploring deals” for Al-Ittihad’s Jota and Nordsjaelland’s Ibrahim Osman.

Saudi Arabia features heavily in today’s Rumour Mill, with Manchester United offering Jadon Sancho and Antony to clubs in the gulf state. The Evening Standard claim they want £50m for each of the wingers. The Red Devils have also turned down an offer from Inter Milan to swap Aaron Wan-Bissaka for Denzel Dumfries.

Spurs are said to have rejected an initial approach from Saudi outfit Al-Nassr for defender Emerson Royal. The 25-year-old has proved himself an important utility piece for Ange Postecoglou this season, filling in at both right-back and centre-back when needed.

Meanwhile, AC Milan are “interested” in signing Tosin Adarabioyo on a free transfer from Fulham in the summer, report Sky Sports Italia. The former Man City defender’s contract expires this year, leaving him free to agree a pre-contract with foreign clubs, although the possibility of him agreeing a new deal with the Cottagers remains.

Aston Villa have seen two bids for Middlesbrough star Morgan Rogers rejected. Boro are reportedly “frustrated” with the level of Villa’s bid for a player they bought for just £1m from Manchester City last summer.

Nottingham Forest have rejected an approach from Feyenoord to take Neco WIlliams on loan for the rest of the season, according to Sky Sports News. However, striker Emmanuel Dennis could be on his way out of the City Ground, with The Athletic reporting Watford are ‘in talks’ to bring the 26-year-old back to his former club. The Nigerian, is currently on loan at Istanbul Basaksehir, is apparently already set for his medical, tweets Romano.

Another Forest player who could leave is Joe Worrall. The centre-back is fancied by Sheffield United as Chris Wilder tries to strengthen his squad for a great escape. The manager revealed last week the Blades were close to making two new signings.

Subscribe to our social channels:

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments