The games are coming thick and fast now as the festive season approaches, and we were treated to some fine football in the first midweek round of Premier League fixtures of the season.
As usual here at The Football Faithful, here is our look at the best stats from this round of fixtures.
- Ryan Fraser has notched his seventh league assist for Bournemouth this season – more than any other player has provided for the Cherries in a single Premier League campaign.
- After 15 games of the season gone, Manchester City have trailed for just 12 minutes.
- Brighton have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League games at the AmEx (W5 D4)
- Lucas Perez became the first West Ham player to score twice as a sub in a Premier League match since Paulo Wanchope back in 2000.
- Everton‘s 76.3% possession against Newcastle was the highest they have had since 2003/4.
- Having conceded just six goals in 15 games, Liverpool now have the joint best defence in the history of English top flight football alongside Man Utd (85/86), Arsenal (90/91), Chelsea (2004/5 and 2008/9).
- Mitrovic has been directly involved in 60% of Fulham’s 15 league goals this season (seven goals, two assists).
- Wolves’ win over Chelsea was the first time they had beaten any of the Premier League’s big six clubs since 2011.
- Southampton’s defeat to Spurs means that the Saints are on their longest winless run since 1998.
- Arsenal‘s 20 game unbeaten run is their longest unbeaten run since 2007.