Sunday, July 21, 2024
HomePremier LeagueGuardiola unconcerned by back-to-back losses

Guardiola unconcerned by back-to-back losses

Pep Guardiola says he is unconcerned by Manchester City’s back-to-back losses and insists he has been pleased with his side’s start to the season.

City opened the campaign with seven straight wins in all competitions, but have suffered setbacks in recent weeks with a Carabao Cup exit at Newcastle and last weekend’s Premier League defeat to Wolves.

 

Guardiola’s side next travel to face RB Leipzig in the Champions League and ahead of the clash the City boss was calm on his side’s recent defeats, insisting the Citizens are in the process of improving.

“We’re in the process of getting better and getting results,” Guardiola said at his pre-match press conference.

“The Newcastle game we lost it hurt yeah, Wolves yeah it hurt, the Premier League is so tough, but we have to move forward prepare the game like RB Leipzig then go away in London against Arsenal.

“We won’t win or lose the Premier League against Wolves we’ve been in the position to be behind the lead many times. Maybe the 100 points season we lead from the start but the others always we were behind – six, seven, eight points.

“And not in October, it was February or March. Come back our players, come back our principles try to do better, learn from the game. I’m more than pleased with what we have done so far but we have to move on.”

Read – Five talking points ahead of the Champions League action

Read Also – Five of the best: Zlatan Ibrahimovic goals

Subscribe to our social channels:

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube

RELATED ARTICLES
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Most Popular

Related Posts

×