Erik ten Hag has provided an update on Jadon Sancho’s situation at Manchester United and has discussed a potential loan move to Facundo Pellestri.
Sancho has not featured for the club since October and has spent much of the past two months on an extensive individual training programme as he looks to recover fitness and confidence.
The 22-year-old has struggled to make an impact since his £72.9m move from Borussia Dortmund and Ten Hag enlisted the help of Dutch coaches he has previously worked with in a bid to bring the best from Sancho – who trained away from the main group during the World Cup break.
Sancho returned to first-team training last week and Ten Hag has provided an update on the winger, but refused to confirm whether he would feature against Reading in the FA Cup this weekend.
“He is training with the team and we will see, so he’s improving, he’s making steps and we will make the decision after training,” he told his pre-match press conference.
“I said he’s on the way back, he’s making steps, he’s back in team training and we have to see when he’s ready to go back into games.”
Ten Hag also discussed the club’s plans for the remainder of the transfer window. The Dutchman was asked whether the likes of Facundo Pellistri and Zidane Iqbal would be allowed to leave on loan.
“We have ideas, some players we are open for loans and some we are not because they have to develop in our environment. We put on Pellistri [on Wednesday], that is a signal.
“Brandon Williams was in the selection for Wednesday. He is part of it. It is also up to him. I like him. We have to work with him and see where his developments can go. It’s up to him to see when he takes his chance. If he wants a loan, we have to talk about that.”
Read – Five of the most interesting FA Cup ties this weekend
Read Also – Ranking every Premier League club by their record points total
Subscribe to our social channels:
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube