Tuesday, July 23, 2024
HomePremier LeagueDe Bruyne set to snub Saudi switch with City talks planned

De Bruyne set to snub Saudi switch with City talks planned

Kevin De Bruyne has said he expects to have a ‘quiet summer’ despite ongoing speculation surrounding his future.

De Bruyne has entered the final 12 months of his contract at Manchester City with no advanced talks on a potential extension for the 33-year-old.

The midfielder has been named as a leading target for teams in the Saudi Pro League and opened up on the prospect of a move to the Middle East last month, suggesting he would be open to the transfer due to the finances on offer.

 

“At my age you have to be open to everything,” De Bruyne said in an interview with Belgian outlet HLN.

“You’re talking about incredible amounts of money in what may be the end of my career. Sometimes you have to think about that. If I play there for two years, I will be able to earn an incredible amount of money. Before that I had to play football for 15 years. I may not even reach that amount yet.

“Then you have to think about what that could mean next. But at the moment I haven’t had to think about that yet.”

De Bruyne has readdressed his future in another interview with HLN and said he expects to remain at the Etihad. The Belgium captain, who has won six Premier League titles with the Citizens, said he ‘assumes’ talks over his future will be held after Euro 2024.

 

“I’ll have a quiet summer. I’ll enjoy my holidays and will return to City afterwards. I assume there will be talks with City in the upcoming months.”

Read – Bellingham confident he can deliver in big moments for England

See more – Bellingham brilliance ensures England stumble on at Euro 2024

Subscribe to our social channels:

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | TikTok

RELATED ARTICLES
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Most Popular

Related Posts

×