There is no better way to clear the cobwebs of a Christmas day hangover than a dose of Boxing Day football and 2018’s festive offering did not disappoint, with 29 goals hitting the back of the net.
However, as is often the case with the modern game, there are so many more stats that fans look to, so here are 10 of the best stats from this year’s Boxing Day action.
- 75% of Wolves‘ Premier League goals this season have come in the second half (15/20).
- Richarlison’s nine goals in 17 appearances for Everton is four more goals than he scored in 38 appearances for Watford last season.
- Crystal Palace have kept three consecutive home clean sheets in the Premier League for the first time since April 2017.
- Man City have lost consecutive Premier League games for the first time since December 2016.
- Liverpool are only the fourth Premier League team to be unbeaten at the halfway stage of a season, along with Arsenal in 2003-04, Manchester United in 2010-11 and Manchester City in 2017-18.
- Paul Pogba has been involved in four goals (two goals, two assists) in the two games under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Manchester United.
- Tottenham Hotspur have netted 11 goals in their last two games.
- Brighton have lost just two of their last 12 Premier League home games, winning five and drawing five.
- Since making his debut for Arsenal, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been directly involved in 30 goals in his 32 Premier League appearances. (23 goals, seven assists)
- No player has been involved in more goals than Eden Hazard this season in the Premier League, with the Chelsea star having a direct involvement in 19 goals.