Monday, July 15, 2024
HomePremier LeagueBarcelona winger shuts down speculation over Premier League return

Barcelona winger shuts down speculation over Premier League return

Ferran Torres has dismissed speculation that he could return to the Premier League this summer and insists he will be a Barcelona player next season.

Torres has been linked with a return to English football after struggling for a regular role in the Barcelona team last season, with the Spaon international starting just 12 league games following the emergence of Lamine Yamal.

 

The 24-year-old ended the season with 11 goals in 42 appearances across all competitions and several Premier League teams are said to be monitoring his situation at the Camp Nou.

Barcelona’s economic issues mean Torres has been named as a potential outgoing, with Newcastle, Arsenal and Chelsea linked with a potential move.

Torres previously impressed during an 18-month spell at Manchester City, where he scored 16 goals in 43 games before joining Barcelona in a €55m deal in January 2022.

The forward scored Spain’s winner in their Euro 2024 group stage win over Albania and has discussed his future with RAC1, insisting he has no plans to leave Catalonia this summer.

“I’ll be staying at Barcelona next season,” Torres said.

 

“It’s not that I just want to remain here, but rather that I’m going to stay.”

Read – Euro 2024 – Confirmed Round of 16 fixtures and kick-off times

See more – Our Euro 2024 awards for the tournament’s group stage

Subscribe to our social channels:

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | TikTok

RELATED ARTICLES
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Most Popular

Related Posts

×