Mauricio Pochettino has been banned from answering questions linking him with the managerial vacancy at Manchester United.
The Tottenham manager is believed to be United’s number one target to replace the sacked Jose Mourinho, but when speaking to the press ahead of his side’s trip to Everton this weekend, Spurs press officer repeatedly shut down questions insisting the matter had already been discussed.
United have placed club legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in caretaker charge until the end of the season, however, the Old Trafford hierarchy are believed to be preparing an approach for the Argentine in the summer.
Speaking before Wednesday night’s Carabao Cup quarter-final win at Arsenal, Pochettino insisted he was focused on Tottenham, however questions regarding his future have persisted.
Goals from Heung-Min Son and Dele Alli secured Tottenham’s place in the semi-finals, where they will face London rivals Chelsea over two legs for a place in the final.
Speaking on Tottenham’s hopes of lifting the first trophy of his reign, Pochettino said his side have a long way to go.
“I think it’s a long way still. I think we’re playing against Chelsea over two legs and of course it’s going to be our fourth or fifth semi-final in four and a half years. But we’re so far away. There’s a lot of work to do.” Pochettino told a post match press conference.