Lille manager Christophe Galtier admits he is unsure over the ‘situation’ of Boubakary Soumare, amid continued speculation linking the midfielder with a move away from the club.
Soumare has attracted interest from the Premier League and across Europe following a series of impressive performances for the French side this season, with Manchester United and Chelsea amongst a host of clubs linked with a move to sign the highly-rated youngster this month.
Reports had suggested that Lille would allow the 20-year-old to depart this month should they receive a suitable offer, though Soumare moved to dismiss the speculation earlier in the window by claiming a January move was ‘not on the cards’.
With less than a week remaining until the deadline, Galtier admits he is unsure on whether Soumare will still be a Lille player for the second half of the season, but says the prospect is fully focused on this weekend’s meeting with Paris Saint-Germain as the club seek to continue their push for Champions League qualification.
Asked if Sunday’s clash against PSG could be the midfielder’s final outing for the club, Galtier replied: “I don’t know. About Bouba Soumare, I don’t know.
“No-one’s told me anything about his situation, maybe it won’t. I don’t know.
“He wants to play and fight with the other players to win on Sunday. That’s certain.”