The estranged father of Moise Kean has claimed that his son is ‘not feeling good at Everton’ following his disappointing start to life in the Premier League.
The 19-year-old has made 12 appearances for the Toffees so far this season, though most of his outings have come from the bench, the Italian yet to open his goalscoring account for the club, registering just one assist.
It has been reported that the Italy international was dropped for Everton’s 2-1 win over Southampton due to ‘disciplinary breaches’, and now, Kean’s father, Jean, has said that he never approved of his transfer to the Premier League and would like to see him return to Serie A.
“Sending my son to England was a mistake, because he’s still a young boy, he’s not feeling good at Everton, I didn’t like this transfer,” he told Centro Suono Sport.
Moise Kean was dropped from the Everton match day squad against Southampton after being late for a team meeting. This is now the 2nd time Kean has been late. Moise has apologised to Marco Silva and the squad and the situation has been dealt with (Source – Liverpool Echo) pic.twitter.com/yZgjCgK8GU
— The Toffee Blues (@EvertonNewsFeed) November 12, 2019
“I hope he can get back to Italy right away, I hope Rome, the important thing is that he comes back here.
“I have no relationship with [agent Mino] Raiola, I never met him, I don’t even want to see him. He demanded my son’s power of attorney when he was 14 and together with my ex-wife he wanted to take [him] to England.
“If there is a possibility of sending him back to Italy, I hope he can come back, so as not to ruin him.
“I did not understand why Juventus sold him, I think only for an economic question. I heard that Sarri didn’t want him, after Allegri instead valued him.
“If my son were to tell me that Rome is interested in him, I would give my blessing to this operation.
“I send a message to my son Moise: listen to me well, I am your father of blood, return to Italy to play, you will become a great soccer player, come and play in Rome, alongside your dear friend Nicolo Zaniolo. Don’t think about money, but your career.”
💙 | Welcome to our family.
— Everton (@Everton) August 5, 2019
It is worth noting, however, that the Blues striker has previously distanced himself from comments attributed to his estranged father, Kean Senior having claimed that he was owed two tractors as part of the deal that took him to Juventus as a child, thanking his mother for all his success.
“Tractors???! I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Moise Kean wrote on his Instagram at the time. “If I am the man I am today it’s only THANKS TO MY MOTHER and with this I’ve said everything! And don’t ever forget who puts food on your table when your belly is full.”