Lazio have moved to deny reports that a deal has been agreed with Manchester United for midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.
The Serbia international has been strongly linked with a move to Old Trafford, with reports having emerged that a deal had been agreed for the 24-year-old to move to the Premier League.
Milinkovic-Savic has developed into one of the finest midfielders in Italian football in recent seasons and has emerged as a target for Manchester United as they look to strengthen their midfield options.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to add to his midfield following the departure of Ander Herrera to Paris Saint-Germain, whilst there remain doubts over the long-term future of Paul Pogba.
🚨 Sergej Milinkovic-Savic one step closer to Manchester United, after agreeing a €6m salary according to Rome-based Radiosei.
It’s believed Lazio will accept €90m. pic.twitter.com/EYnw0JN5B7
— Adriano Del Monte (@adriandelmonte) July 29, 2019
However, Lazio president Claudio Lotito has insisted that no agreement has been reached for Milinkovic-Savic, and has said that it will take an ‘important bid’ to persuade the Serie A side to part with their prized asset.
“Sergej Milinkovic-Savic will leave only if we’ll receive some important bid,” Lotito told Sky Sports Italia
“At the moment, we’ve not and so we keep Milinkovic with us; then let’s see what will happen.”
“Milinkovic has a good rapport with the club, just as the club has with him,” he added. “If some offers were to be presented, we’d evaluate them with a spirit of collaboration that looks after the interests of the club and the player.
“We’ll make the decisions that are best for everyone. The investments we made last summer should’ve allowed us to qualify for the Champions League, but we hope to have learned from the experience.”