Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin could return to the starting lineup for Thursday’s Premier League game against Newcastle United.
The 26-year-old sat out Saturday’s 1-0 win over Nottingham Forest at the City Ground with a minor calf issue, but Sean Dyche says the forward has been “showing good signs” he will be ready for the midweek clash.
Meanwhile, Amadou Onana is getting closer to a return after recovering from a calf problem, while Andre Gomes is not expected to be available for selection despite playing for the Toffees‘ U21’s side on Monday.
“[Gomes has] had a frustrating season so far but he got a run out last week, around 60- odd minutes which is good. There’s a bit more to come from him to be fully fit,” Dyche said in his pre-match press conference.
“[Amadou] Onana is only just back on the grass, so it’s touch and go with our decisions around him, and then Dom [Calvert-Lewin] is showing good signs that have been right, so he’ll come back into he thinking.”
Seamus Coleman, who has been an unused substitute in the last two games, is available for selection, while Dele Alli remains sidelined with a groin issue.
Newcastle, meanwhile, are without 11 first-team players ahead of the game at Goodison Park, with Nick Pope the latest player to go on the treatment table after dislocating his left shoulder against Manchester United last weekend.