As 2018 draws to a close, the festive football is in full swing, and it has been another goal-laden weekend of Premier League action.
Liverpool extended their lead at the top thanks to Spurs’ slip up. Arsenal’s defeat at Anfield saw them lose more ground on top four, with Manchester United now just three points behind the Gunners.
At the bottom, Fulham, Burnley and Cardiff all earned vital victories to leave Huddersfield cut adrift at the bottom.
Here are 10 of the best stats from the final gameweek of the year:
- Jurgen Locadia has scored two goals in two Premier League games for Brighton. He previously had scored one in the last 18.
- Fulham haven’t had a goalless draw at Craven Cottage in their last 158 league matches.
- 11 of Cardiff’s last 13 Premier League goals have been scored in the second half.
- 47% of Spurs‘ Premier League goals this season have been scored in December (20 of 43).
- Salomon Rondon has been directly involved in five of Newcastle‘s last seven goals. (4 goals 1 assist)
- Arsenal v Liverpool is now the highest scoring fixture in Premier League history with 155 goals, following the 5-1 hammering at Anfield on Saturday.
- Chelsea‘s Eden Hazard has created 101 chances in 2018, 23 more than any other player in the Premier League.
- Dwight McNeil became the first ever teenager to score a Premier League goal for Burnley (19 years and 38 days old).
- Manchester City have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 outings – the longest streak since February 2015.
- Manchester United have scored 12 goals over the course of three Premier League games for the first time since 2011.