What a weekend of Premier League football, a weekend which has seen Manchester City dumped off the top spot in the Premier League, Manchester United finally win a game, and Burnley rediscovering the art of defending.
However, behind every good game, there are plenty of stats, so as we often like to do here at The Football Faithful, we’ve pulled out 10 of the best from this weekend’s action.
- As we approach the halfway mark of the season, Liverpool‘s 42 haul is their best ever return at this point in the campaign, ever.
- Arsenal‘s 21 game unbeaten run is their longest since 2007.
- Burnley‘s 1-0 win over Brighton was the first time they had kept a clean sheet at Turf Moor in 18 games.
- Cardiff have now won four of their last five home games in the Premier League.
- Fulham have conceded 40 goals in their opening 16 Premier League games this season; only Barnsley in 1997-98 (43) have conceded more at this stage of a top-flight campaign since the start of the 1965-66 season.
- West Ham have won three consecutive top-flight games while scoring three or more goals in each game for the first time since 1982.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 12 Premier League games at Stamford Bridge, their longest run since 2015.
- Man City‘s defeat to Chelsea was their first Premier League defeat in 22 games, since losing 3-2 to Manchester United back in April.
- Tottenham‘s tally of 36 points from 16 games is their best ever start to a Premier League season.
- Only Everton (91) and Arsenal (86) have had more Premier League red cards than Newcastle (82).