Jadon Sancho is training away from the rest of the Manchester United first-team squad as the club consider disciplinary action against the winger.
Sancho is facing punishment from the Red Devils after taking to social media to criticise manager Erik ten Hag last week. Ten Hag had said that Sancho was not selected in the squad for the 3-1 defeat to Arsenal on September 3, due to unacceptable levels of performance in training.
The winger took to social media to deny those claims and called Ten Hag’s comments ‘completely untrue’, while suggesting he had been made a ‘scapegoat’ during a challenging period at Old Trafford.
Sancho has since deleted his comments, but United have confirmed the 23-year-old will train away from the first-team squad as the club weigh up potential punishment.
“Jadon Sancho will remain on a personal training programme away from the first-team group, pending resolution of a squad discipline issue,” the Red Devils said in a statement.
Sancho has failed to start in the Premier League this season, continuing a difficult period at Manchester United since signing from Borussia Dortmund in a £72.9m deal in 2021.