The two primary zones of interest that dominate in India are sports and entertainment. Indians love enjoying Bollywood films and watching cricket and this is no secret.
The craze of cricket in India is at another level. Every Indian revel in the thrill of celebrating cricket. Most cricket enthusiasts have turned their passion for cricket into possibilities by placing bets on cricket leagues and matches including the IPL.
What is the IPL?
The Indian Premier League (IPL) was introduced a decade back and since then it has continued to rule in India and around the world. Being the most prominent Twenty20 cricket tournament, IPL enjoys maximum viewership in India and abroad.
The Indian Premier League (IPL) was launched by an eminent businessman, Lalit Modi in the year 2008. He was the Vice President of the BCCI then. Unfortunately, Modi was suspended by BCCI for a series of accusations that substantiated in 2013. Nevertheless, the fame of IPL kept on increasing with each passing year.
At present, IPL is a prominent event in the Indian sporting culture. This is no surprise that the IPL has succeeded in accumulating profits more than any other sport in India.
Why is the IPL so popular?
You must be wondering what makes IPL the most awaited cricket series in India. Here are some reasons why:
- IPL is a celebration in India: The IPL is not just another cricket league – it is a celebration in India. It not only offers billions to players, but it also has the added charm and allure from the actors of the Indian Bollywood industry. For example, the famous actor, Shahrukh Khan is also a dynamic owner of one of the IPL teams. The Indian Premier League is a cricket celebration with a lot of fun, glamour, and money.
- IPL gives chance to budding cricketers: IPL has proved to be a boon for cricketers who have just started playing with international players. These budding players have a fantastic chance to play with well-known cricket players of India and the world including MS Dhoni, Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne, Sachin Tendulkar, and Sangakara. Along with offering them a generous fee, the IPL provides them with the needed experience to play with senior players.
- IPL offers a lot of money: IPL offers a huge sum of money to participating cricket players. They are paid in millions for playing in one season of IPL. There are hardly any cricket leagues that pay such a handsome amount to players.
- IPL building healthy relationships: IPL has brought players from around the world closer to each other. This league involves cricket players from different countries and this has helped in creating good connections among each other. Players from different countries and cultures come together and share the dressing room, which has brought players closer to many individuals. Cricket is a ‘gentleman’s sport’ and the IPL has facilitated in encouraging that attitude.
IPL cricket teams
The IPL cricket league of India has eight teams, which include players from India and other international countries. These teams are named Delhi Capitals, Mumbai Indians, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Chennai Super Kings, Kolkatta Knight Riders, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Punjab Kings, and Rajasthan Royals.
Every year when the IPL begins, cricket enthusiasts ask their friends about their favourite IPL team. Well, which is your favourite team in the IPL? If you already watch the IPL, you must have found your best team by now. If not, you can watch the coming IPL series and find out the team that you liked the most. Currently, Chennai Super Kings is one of the popular IPL teams with the highest number of Instagram followers.
Tips for betting on the IPL
The internet and huge advancement in technology have changed the face of sports betting and given people the opportunity to bet on sports without any hassles. Parimatch is an emerging sports betting website, offering a lot of great predictions to place bets on IPL matches.
If you are new to betting on cricket, there are certain things that you must be aware of. Here we have listed some simple tips to make betting easier and fun for you:
- Punters are advised to place their bets when the matches are in progress because sometimes the second-best team takes the lead and changes the result of the game.
- Some of the cricket betting rules are tedious to understand. So it is suggested that you go through the rules to make yourself acquainted with the basics of cricket sports betting.
- Don’t forget to check the weather report as it has a great impact on the outcome of a cricket match.
- Do some solid research about the pitch and find out how it performed lately.
- Look for the value bets and wait for the odds to be in your favor.
- If you are a beginner, start slow and avoid betting markets that you are not familiar with.
You can follow IPL betting guides that also include cricket betting tips and IPL match predictions.
Place bets on IPL cricket today!
The IPL is the most exciting and rewarding cricket league globally. It is organized and celebrated by Indian cricket fans.
As you can see, the future of online cricket betting in India is bright. Many online sportsbook websites have emerged on the gambling market with great promises. Now, it is a breeze to place bets on cricket and other sports because of the rewarding bonuses, promo codes, and offers.
If you have not placed bets on cricket, sign up today at Parimatch sportsbook so you remain prepared for the next IPL match!