Marseille striker Michy Batshuayi has confirmed that he will leave the club this summer as it is widely speculated that the Belgian will sign for Chelsea tomorrow.
The striker, who was involved in Thursday nights Euro 2016 defeat to Wales in the Euro 2016 quarter final, is expected to complete a £33million transfer to Stamford Bridge tomorrow.
In a statement released today, the 23-year old said:
This should be formalised tomorrow, but I am going to leave Marseille this summer.
First of all I want to especially thank the supporters of Marseille – during these two years within the club I loved since I was little you showed me all your love and support.
It is a great honour for me to have worn this shirt at the Velodrome, a stage you knew how to make beautiful with this unique atmosphere in France.
I thank the leaders of Marseille for trusting me and the technical staff with whom I worked, who helped me a lot to mature and to make progress.
I have evolved in a season under coach [Marcelo] Bielsa. It has been a privilege and I’d like to accomplish everything he told me I can in the rest of my career.
I hope I can continue to make you proud in my new club and I will continue to follow very closely Marseille’s result, and I hope they get the results they so richly deserve.
Crystal Palace had a £31million accepted by Marseille last week, before Chelsea made their move to steal the striker from under their noses.