Home / Premier League / Liverpool eye up potential Coutinho replacement

Liverpool eye up potential Coutinho replacement

Liverpool are being linked with Brazilian sensation Luan, in what could be seen as a deal to replace Philippe Coutinho.

Liverpool have sent scouts to Brazil to watch Luan, the 24-year-old who has been dubbed as ‘the next Ronaldinho’.

The Gremio forward has been linked with a move Spartak Moscow although, reports in Brazil now suggest that a deal to take the Brazilian to Russia has stalled.

However any deal to sign the attacking midfielder would not be a simple one to complete. Luan is owned by four separate parties. 70% is owned by Gremio, with the remaining 30% being equally shared between three investors.

Liverpool would also come up against issues regarding a work permit. UK regulations require him to have played 25% of international games in the last two years, whereas the player has only made one.

He was however involved in last summers Olympic triumph alongside the likes of Neymar, where he scored in both the quarter and semi finals of the tournament in Rio.

If Liverpool do make a move for Luan, he could be a replacement for his fellow countryman, Philippe Coutinho, who has been heavily linked with a move to Barcelona. The Spanish side had a £90m bid rejected for the Liverpool star.

About Ben Guest

Hi, I’m Ben, one of the Editors here at Football Faithful. I’ve been writing articles for a number of years. If you need do contact me, feel free to send me a tweet.

Check Also

WATCH: Jurgen Klopp praises ‘full package’ Liverpool after emphatic Bournmouth win

Jurgen Klopp described Liverpool’s performance as the full package as his side but Bournemouth to ...

Got a thought on this article? Leave a Comment