Home / Premier League / Azpilicueta says Chelsea ‘all together’ despite Conte speculation

Azpilicueta says Chelsea ‘all together’ despite Conte speculation

Speculation surrounding the future of Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has further intensified after his sides dismal 4-1 defeat to Watford at Vicarage Road on Monday night.

However, one of The Blues most consistent performers, defender Cesar Azpilicueta has revealed that he and his team-mates remain behind their under fire coach. Speaking after Monday’s sobering defeat to The Hornets the Spain international denied that some players are no longer playing for their manager when he said:

“No. I think if you see the training sessions, we all fight hard.

“We are the first to be disappointed with the way the last two games went. That’s really hard. We are getting penalised in the bad moments we are having in the game.

“It’s not a long period, but in this league, which is so tough, you get punished as soon as you drop a bit. We are here altogether. We are all disappointed with the result.

“I know that there has been speculation all the time in the five to six years I have been here. As a player, what I want is to come back to the training pitch as soon as possible, to work hard and to get into Monday’s game, to get the three points and to get our confidence back.”

Chelsea’s shock loss on Monday’s come on the back of a 3-0 home drubbing at the hands of Bournemouth. The Blues have been in shocking form so far in 2018, and have only managed to win one game in the Premier League so far this year.

They face Alan Pardew’s West Brom on Wednesday night, with many people aware that the club’s owner Roman Abramovich has sacked every Chelsea manager he has ever employed that lost three consecutive games.

Check Also

Gerrard and Lampard gush over brilliant Barca star

Premier League legends Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard were both providing punditry during Chelsea’s 1-1 ...